IT Industry Certification Institute
Broward College Computer Science Students! Get your IT Industry Certification
Opportunity to sit for CompTIA and CIW certification exams
*Student must have successfully completed the related course in Broward College with a minimum grade of C to be eligible to participate
The IT Institute will resume in the Fall 2022 Term
Any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
For CIW testing ONLY, follow the instructions below.
Take the CIW Certification exam
We are offering CIW certification testing at Central Campus Bldg. 13 Computer Lab Room 128.
Monday -Thursday 12 PM – 5 PM.
STEP 1: Practice exam:
● Take a practice test with a passing score of 85% or higher
● Take a full screenshot of the results
STEP 2: Set up a CIW testing account and appointment:
- If you do not have an account: Create a CIW testing account HERE.
Use your BC email. Org # 216
- Request an appointment by emailing Ester Sims at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Student first and last name
- Student CIW account username
- CIW test requested
- Student ID
- Student school email
- Course taken
- Course reference number
- Term course was taken
- Campus course was taken
- Name of professor
- Screenshot of practice test results.
- Day and time of appointment request.
Step 3: On testing day
- IF YOU ARE SICK DO NOT COME – CALL US at
954-201-6723 or 954-201-6561 to reschedule.
- Come 15 minutes before the scheduled time. remember your CIW user name and password.
- Only bring into the building yourself, student ID, and keys – Leave everything else in your vehicle: Books, Notes, Bags or Cell Phones are NOT permitted; NO guests permitted.
- Follow CDC recommendation.
YOU EARNED IT, NOW GET FREE CREDIT FOR IT!
If you have obtained any certifications or licensures that align with Broward College’s Associate of Science degree program you can earn FREE college credit. Students who have obtained an Industry Certification or licensure must complete the Credit for Prior Learning form (step 2) available on Broward College’s website; here is the link
Any questions or for additional help contact: Ester Sims – firstname.lastname@example.org