IT Industry Certification Institute
Broward College Computer Science Students! Get your IT Industry Certification
Opportunity to sit for CompTIA and CIW certification exams
*Student must have successfully completed the related course to be eligible to participate
We are having a Certification Bootcamp 12/3-4/2021
Take the CompTIA Certification exam
Remotely or in Central Campus Testing Center
CompTIA Exam vouchers for: A+, Network+, Project+, Linux+, Security+, CySA+, and Cloud+
On-Campus testing is available in Central Campus Testing Center and Pearson VUE has made remote testing available for CompTIA certification exams 24/7. Students planning to pursue the certification exam will need to follow the steps below in order to receive an exam voucher to cover the fees for the exam.
We highly recommend that students take the Kaplan/Cybervista or uCertify practice exam which results in higher passing rates on the certification exams. It is not mandatory but strongly recommended. Cybervista practice test code is available upon request.
How to obtain a voucher:
STEP 1: Practice exam:
- Take a practice test with a passing score of 85% or higher
- Take a full screenshot of the results
- If you need access to practice tests, fill out the BC IT Industry Certification Institute Information Request form.
For Central Campus students: the practice tests for A+ Network+ and Project+ are available in the computer Lab Bldg. 13, Room 128.
STEP 2: Get your system ready(for remote testing only):
- Visit the Pearson VUE website HERE to review the required system/PC specifications and successfully complete the ‘System Test’. Please complete this step as soon as possible, at least one week prior to your intended test date.
- Take a screenshot or picture of the ‘Confirmation page’ that will be provided once the ‘System Test’ is successfully completed.
STEP 3: Request a Voucher:
- Fill out the BC IT Industry Certification Institute Information Request form.
- Send screenshots of a practice test with a passing score of 85%-90% or more and for remote testers, the system test ‘Confirmation page’ to Sonja Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests received over the weekend will receive a response the following Monday, so plan accordingly.
After ALL information received and verified You will then receive a voucher code and instructions to register and schedule your exam date.
Tests must be taken within 14 days of receiving the voucher. After that, the voucher will be reallocated to someone else.
STEP 4: Exam Schedule: for remote testing: Schedule your exam appointment through the Pearson VUE test-takers website
STEP 5: Taking the exam: Log into the exam portal at least 30 minutes prior to your exam start time. Complete your exam and upload your score report in a PDF format to the course D2L gradebook if applicable and send a copy of the score report to Sonja Williams email@example.com
You can find the report in your Pearson account under “view score report “ under “my account” . Access your account HERE. Then print as a PDF (Ctrl P Save as a PDF)
Take the CIW Certification exam
We are offering CIW certification testing at Central Campus Bldg. 13 Computer Lab Room 128 Mon-Thurs 12 PM – 5 PM.
STEP 1: Practice exam:
● Take a practice test with a passing score of 85% or higher
● Take a full screenshot of the results
STEP 2: Set up a CIW testing account and appointment:
- If you do not have an account: Create a CIW testing account HERE. Use your BC email. Org # 216
- Request an appointment by emailing Ester Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org
and include the following information:
- Student first and last name
- Student CIW account username
- CIW test requested
- Student ID
- Student school email
- Course taken
- Course reference number
- Term course was taken
- Campus course was taken
- Name of professor
- Screenshot of practice test results.
Step 3: On testing day
- IF YOU ARE SICK DO NOT COME – CALL US at
954-201-6723 or 954-201-6561 to reschedule.
- Come 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Only bring into the building yourself, student ID, and keys – Leave everything else in your vehicle: Books, Notes, Bags or Cell Phones are NOT permitted; NO guests permitted.
- Follow CDC recommendation.
YOU EARNED IT, NOW GET FREE CREDIT FOR IT!
If you have obtained any certifications or licensures that align with Broward College’s Associate of Science degree program you can earn FREE college credit. Students who have obtained an Industry Certification or licensure must complete the Credit for Prior Learning form (step 2) available on Broward College’s website; here is the link
Any questions or for additional help contact: Ester Sims – email@example.com