Practice and take the CompTIA Certification exam remotely
CompTIA Exam vouchers for: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+ and Project+
Pearson VUE has made remote testing available for CompTIA certification exam beginning April 15th, available 24/7. Students planning to pursue the certification exam will need to follow the steps below in order to receive an exam voucher to cover the fees for the exam.
We highly recommend that students take the Kaplan or uCertify practice exam which results in higher passing rates on the certification exams. CompTIA is offering some free CertMaster practice by going to this link: : https://www.comptia.org/content/lp/certmaster-practice-offer . This offer expires June 15th, 2020.
It is not mandatory, but strongly recommended.
How to obtain a voucher:
STEP 1: Practice exam:
- ● Take a practice test with a passing score of 85% or higher
- ● Take a full screenshot of the results
STEP 2: Get your system ready:
- ● Visit the Pearson VUE web site at https://home.pearsonvue.com/comptia/onvue to review the required system/PC specifications and successfully complete the ‘System Test’. Please complete this step as soon as possible, at least one week prior to your intended test date.
- ● Take a screen shot or picture of the ‘Confirmation page’ that will be provided once the ‘System Test’ is successfully completed.
STEP 3: Request a Voucher:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
- A. In the subject line include your full name and the exam required
- B. Attach the practice test results
- C. Attach the Pearson VUE “System Confirmation” page results
- D. In the body include:
- 1. Student first and last name
- 2. Student ID
- 3. Student school email
- 4. Exam required
- 5. Course taken
- 6. Course reference number
- 7. Term course was taken
- 8. Campus course was taken
- 9. Name of Professor
Requests received over the weekend will receive a response the following Monday, so plan accordingly.
After ALL information received and verified You will then receive a voucher code to use when you register and schedule your exam date.
STEP 4: Exam Schedule: Schedule your exam appointment through the Pearson VUE test takers web site: https://home.pearsonvue.com/Test-takers.aspx
STEP 5: Taking the exam: Log into the exam portal at least 30 minutes prior to your exam start time. Complete your exam and upload your score report to the course D2L gradebook if applicable and send a copy of the score report to Ester Sims email@example.com
Any questions or for additional help contact: Ester Sims – firstname.lastname@example.org